Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I made it to 23!

It has been a tradition for me to write down what happened on my birthday every year so I could read them in the years to come and so here I go again.
Clock strikes at 12 midnight and the FB notification goes crazy. I owe facebook a lot because without it, people won't remember that it's my day (or at least only a few would remember). I admit, without FB, I won't remember the bday of my friends as well. :D
I slept around 4am because I was busy chatting with an old acquaintance. I learned a lot from him. Wish I could meet this great person again... :)
Mom woke me up around 11am to show me what she was planning to buy for me. Wow. I've been asking for that thing from her for ages and finally, by some sort of divine intervention, it came down to her senses that I need that electronic gadget for my feasibility study. Thanks mom!
Then Ninong dropped by our place bringing two boxes of pizza. People who know me are very much aware that I'm really not into pizza but, like a miracle, I loved the pizza. I had three slices. Good way to kick-start my much-awaited day.
Then I went to the Cathedral to offer a prayer to God to thank him for all the blessings that He had bestowed upon me. After that, I went to Face & Fab to get a new haircut.
Met BJ and Eng2 at Seoul Fushion and spent a little time with them. I was not in the mood to attend my Monday class because it's my day and I just wanna live a day without having to worry about FS and other academic stuff but I received a text from Danico requesting me to attend the class otherwise I'll miss that day's class activity. Being the grade concious student that I am, I immediately rushed to the room and I was planning not to make my presence felt when I enter the classroom but I was greeted by a birthday song by the class and, even though I'm late and worse, not in uniform, my professor admitted me to her class because it's my day. Thank you Ma'am Buen.
After class, I spent some time with my classmates before I headed back to seoul fushion and bumped into Regina. Spent a few hours there then walked my way to Bistro in Paseo with Danico. There I met my other friends, Xavier, Joan, Mayet, Chiki, Dudu, Robin, Rhoi and Lyka and we had a not-so-extravagant dinner at Bistro (and thanks a lot to Sandra for the cake and the discount). It was a wonderful meal.
To add more surprises, Flying Lanterns were released into the air and it reminded me of Rupunzel in the movie Tangled (it was also during her bday when lanterns were released by the kingdom). Before, I wished that I could have a bday like that and tonight, my wish was granted. And as if the lanterns were not enough, a short spectacle of fireworks lighted up the night sky. Truly a wonderful way to cap the evening.
I want to say thank you to every person who greeted me and made this day so special. I would also like to thank my B10 family in Manila for making me feel that they're here celebrating with me. I miss you guys. And most especially, to the people who responded to my invitation and shared that one simple, blissful moment with me which will last me a lifetime. Thank you guys. it's a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment